Sharon Porchfest (Re-imagined) 2020 will take place on September 13, 2020.
Despite social distancing restrictions, Sharon Porchfest can take place (with some modifications) while still adhering to our original goals:
- create a day of public celebration.
- make the community stronger because neighbors get to know each other as people.
- foster a broader sense of cohesion and shared interest.
- showcase the diversity of our town.
This year, you are invited to perform on your porch, in your driveway, in a window, or anywhere near your home where you feel inspired to create and share your talent. Express yourself through music, dance, artwork, poetry, comedy, acrobatics, etc. Inspire yourself, your family, and your neighbors. If you have been quarantining with others, you may be able to perform as a small group, but otherwise, we expect this event to be smaller and more intimate than last year. In most cases, you will be performing at your own home, by yourself or with your family — for the people in your neighborhood. While spectators may travel to other neighborhoods to enjoy the performances there, we ask that everyone respect whatever social distancing guidelines are in place in September (i.e. avoid large groups, wear masks, stay at least six feet apart).
Please visit the Performer Sign-up page to let us know who you are and where and when you’ll be performing. And don’t forget to tag #sharonporchfest on your photos or email them to email@example.com.
Sharon Porchfest 2020 Map & Schedule
(click on the marker to see who is performing at what time; map last updated on 6/4)
- Henry Gitter, 4-5pm; Henry is a singer songwriter that plays songs from the likes of Dylan, the Grateful Dead and Paul Simon among others.
- Emily & Faisal Abid, 2:30-3:30pm; Husband and wife duo performing acoustic covers of modern and classic songs
- The Mighty Silverbacks, 1-5pm; Classic Rock and Original songs
- Jim Waters, 1-5pm; Jim Waters is a singer-songwriter with over 100 copyrighted songs to his credit. His intricate lyrics touch on many topics, from love and relationships to politics to LGBTQ issues and much more. He accompanies himself on finger-style acoustic guitar.
- George Aronson, 1-2pm; I am an acoustic guitarist and singer/songwriter. I will play a mix of sing-alongs, novelty songs and originals.
- Bak-ta-Bak, 2-3pm; rock and oldies band from Holbrook; http://www.baktabak.wixsite.com/baktabak3
- Dredsox Band and the Bullpen Horns; 3:30-5pm; 7-piece horn band playing blues, soul, funk and more!
- dinCheck; 4:30-5pm; Indian Rock Fusion
Acoustic guitarist and singer/songwriter
|1-2pm||229 Billings Street|
|1-5pm||84 Cottage Street|
|The Mighty Silverbacks|
Classic rock and original songs
|1-5pm||126 Pond Street|
Rock and oldies band
|2-3pm||101 Hampton Road|
|Emily & Faisal Abid|
Husband and wife duo performing acoustic covers of modern and classic songs
|2:30-3:30pm||29 Gabriel Road|
|Dredsox Band and the Bullpen Horns|
7-piece horn band playing blues, soul, funk and more!
|3:30-5pm||68 Morse Street|
|4-5pm||10 Sherwood Circle|
Indian rock fusion
|4:30-5pm||15 Wadsworth Way|